Quick academic help
Don't let the stress of school get you down! Have your essay written by a professional writer before the deadline arrives.
Kimton Hotels Puts Green Initiatives to WorkÂ – Discussion Forum
Live Green Parks
Along with implementing green-friendly initiatives on a national level, Life Time Fitness will take steps to raise awareness about the environment locally where the company’s headquarter operates in Chanhassen, Minnesota.
Instructions ? Going Green
1. Follow the format above: Reduce, reuse, recycle and repurpose. Under each category, group link initiatives together. Example:
a. Reduce electric
i. Air conditioning
2. Each item should be a maximum of one – two pages. Footnoting, references and costing should be placed directly after the discussion of the initiative. Start each initiative on a separate page.
3. Footnotes, quotation marks and references must be included.
Free Essays on Go Green Initiative through - Essay Depot
Upper level management at your company has been initiating some small green changes but has decided to take the company?s green?s actions to the next level. The company has formed a ?green team?; you are a member of that team. The task for your team is to develop 2 green initiatives for the company. Once developed, you will make your recommendations to top management. To gain their support, you must have current and relevant data to support your recommendations.
Upper management has instructed the team as follows:
1. The Green Team will be ongoing. They will meet every 4 months to assess the progress of the initiatives being developed, make revisions as needed and develop new initiatives.
2. All initiatives must pay for themselves within four years. Management feels very strongly that they will not take any money from corporate profits to be green.
a. You cannot borrow money to pay for your initiatives. Thus, your total budget is limited to $78,000; savings cannot be used to counterbalance the costs.
b. A detailed financial breakdown showing the cost of each initiative must be included in the report.
c. Proper footnotes and references must be included for all costs.
3. Initiatives should try to address major problems and have significant impact in the targeted area. Thus, if trying to reduce electric usage, the focus should be on reducing the main component part/s of the electric bill (air conditioning for all companies and water heating for the motel). Management does not want to waste time and money on initiatives that have minimal, if any, impact on the ?bottom line?.
4. Management wants a mix of general and industry specific green initiatives. They are extremely interested in starting industry initiatives that their counterparts are undertaking. Management feels that failure to keep up with industry green initiatives will put the company at a competitive disadvantage.
1. Any initiative adopted must be ?willingly? accepted by the majority of the staff. Thus, turning the thermostat up to 85 degrees is not acceptable.
2. Any initiative adopted must be ?willingly? accepted by the majority of your clients/customers. Again, turning the temperature up to 85 degrees in the restaurant or store is not acceptable.
3. The costs of initiatives include both labor costs and out of pocket expenses.
4. All initiatives should be practical, operational and easy to maintain. An initiative that takes 1000 man hours or 50 people per month to maintain is not acceptable.
5. If possible, use local area numbers for energy, water and other costs.
6. Not every imitative has an implementation cost. For example, switching from one product to a cheaper green product which serves the same purpose has no cost. If you recommend a switch, if possible, the data for the current product and the new product should come from the same company to control for cost variations among companies.
Green Initiatives In Malaysia Information Technology Essay
In their illuminating article, ‘STATUS, REPUTATION, AND ALTRUISM: Going Green to Be Seen:Status, Reputation, and Conspicuous Conservation,’ Vladas Griskevicius of the University of Minnesota, Joshua M....
Everyday the headlines are filled with the latest developments in green initiatives ? jobs, business practices, advertising, energy/water saving techniques, reduction in carbon emissions, etc.
Why choose our assistance?
As soon as we have completed your work, it will be proofread and given a thorough scan for plagiarism.
Our clients' personal information is kept confidential, so rest assured that no one will find out about our cooperation.
We write everything from scratch. You'll be sure to receive a plagiarism-free paper every time you place an order.
We will complete your paper on time, giving you total peace of mind with every assignment you entrust us with.
Want something changed in your paper? Request as many revisions as you want until you're completely satisfied with the outcome.
We're always here to help you solve any possible issue. Feel free to give us a call or write a message in chat.
Green initiatives custom essay – A Research Paper
My company is a cosmetic and surgery center. It was grown to be a chain of 5 outpatient surgical centers serving South Florida and specializing in cosmetic surgery.
Green data/facts to be considered for each surgical center:
? Break room: There is a small break room with a microwave oven, refrigerator, and sink in each store.
o Vans: Each facility owns one small van for a variety of errands. Each van is 5 years old, travels 7,000 miles per year, gets about 18 gallons per mile using unleaded fuel. The vans are brought in for maintenance every 4 months.
o Electric: The average electric bill is $1,000 per month per center
? Air conditioning: The A/C units are 8 years old.
? Fans: Due to sanitation requirements, ceiling fans cannot be used anywhere in the facility.
? Roof: Center roofs are flat shingle roofs which are 10 years old. Insulation is about 15 years old.
? LED lighting is used throughout the facility.
? Each center is free standing. There is a large area of foliage/landscaping in the front of the centers (approximately 200 square feet) and parking lots on the remaining 3 sides. Each center is 10,000 square feet.
? The company owns each of the buildings the centers are located in. Each facility is one story high. Ceilings are 10 feet high.
? There are 4 examination rooms and 3 operating rooms at each facility.
o Water: Average monthly water bill is $500 a month
? Restrooms: There are 4 toilets and 4 sinks in the restrooms at each center.
? Sinks: In addition to the restrooms, there is (a) a standard sink in the break room, (b) 1 large industrial sink in the utility room, (c) 1 large industrial sink in the sterilization room, (d) 1 standard sink in each of the four examination rooms, and (d) 1 large industrial sink in each of the 3 operating suites.
? Water heaters are 10 years old.
Green initiatives custom essay ..
Local government leaders have asked you to provide information and recommendations for increasing sustainability in the community.
Perform an initial search to learn about green initiatives for a city in your area.
Create a 5- to 8-slide PowerPoint® presentation or Write a 350- to 525-word proposal to your local government.
Include the following:
A summary of green initiatives for a city in your area.
Recommendations to your local government for creating a greener, more sustainable and livable community.
The proposal should include recommendations both for actions by the local government and by individual homeowners.
Explain how implementing these recommendations would promote sustainability and improve like for residents.
Include appropriate images.
Include a list of the sources you use.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
How it works
You submit your order instructions
We assign an appropriate expert
The expert takes care of your task
We send it to you upon completion
Average quality score
"I have always been impressed by the quick turnaround and your thoroughness. Easily the most professional essay writing service on the web."
"Your assistance and the first class service is much appreciated. My essay reads so well and without your help I'm sure I would have been marked down again on grammar and syntax."
"Thanks again for your excellent work with my assignments. No doubts you're true experts at what you do and very approachable."
"Very professional, cheap and friendly service. Thanks for writing two important essays for me, I wouldn't have written it myself because of the tight deadline."
"Thanks for your cautious eye, attention to detail and overall superb service. Thanks to you, now I am confident that I can submit my term paper on time."
"Thank you for the GREAT work you have done. Just wanted to tell that I'm very happy with my essay and will get back with more assignments soon."